March 30, 2010

Red Vase, oil on linen, 6X6"

I think perhaps one of the things I am enjoying most about doing these small paintings is experimenting with a palette that I don't normally use.  Because I have been primarily a representational landscape painter throughout my career, red is a color I haven't used a great deal.  You'll notice is my last number of posts I have been seeing red!  Still life is a new subject matter for me; it has never engaged me before now.  You can teach an old dog new tricks....(ok, I'm not THAT old).  It's a wonderful journey, this painting for a living.  Always something you don't know or haven't done.  There is an eastern saying "Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment".  That's how I am feeling about now.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! Love this one, such soft edges and great reflected warms lights bouncing around everywhere. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete