June 27, 2011

Workshop with Scott Burdick and Susan Lyon























I'm in North Carolina studying with Susan Lyon and Scott Burdick.  Susan and Scott are two of the most gifted painters in North America, I'm sure.  They are husband and wife, and have been conducting a ten day workshop on figurative and portrait drawing and painting.  They have very different approaches, which has created fascinating counterpoint within the workshop.

I have learned a ton!  The above is a figure study that I was working away on, and Susan came over and "dissapeared" a bunch of the edges on the painting, which brought it together quite nicely.  Lesson learned for that day:  Less is always more, especially in art.

I'll post more after I return home to tell you about the other epiphanies I've received from these two very gifted teachers.

Happy painting, y'all.  Yes, it's true....I'm beginning to pick up the local drawl.  Time to get back to Canada!

2 comments:

  1. The painting is great! Can't wait to see what else you've done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that, Kimberly. I'll be posting some more in the next day or two. It's been a full and busy time, and my brain is jam-packed!

    ReplyDelete