September 15, 2012

Skill Building Essentials for Representational Painters

















"Pears on Glass", oil on linen, 6X8"

NEW WORKSHOP OFFERING

I will be offering "Skill Building Essentials for Representational Painters", November 23- 26, 2012 (four days) out of my workshop space in Sorrento BC.

ALL THE BASICS IN ONE FOUR DAY INTENSIVE

This is a new workshop that I have put together for the purpose of creating a skill building intensive; it will focus on growing all the basic skill sets that a representational painter needs to possess, including drawing, designing, color mixing, etc.  As we move into these different areas I will be able to offer specific help and suggestions that will root out and address areas where you are running into impediments in your progress as a painter.

 The cost on the workshop is $425, and runs from 9:30 am to 4 pm each day.

I will be working in my current medium, oils, but the workshop itself is not medium specific - course content is geared to help all representational painters at any level in whatever medium they are working in.  I would suggest working in oils, but other mediums are ok for this workshop. Keep in mind that it is most useful when learning to work in a medium in which it is easy to make changes as needed.

For a more complete description, please see the side bar of this blog.

You can email me at  gayeadams@telus.net with any questions;  I will be out of town (Italy) from September 19- October 1  (tough life, huh?) but hope to have some internet connection while I am gone, and will answer any queries in as timely a fashion as possible.

For those travelling from out of town, there are a number of reasonably priced bed and breakfasts in the area that are very close to the studio, (I can furnish this info upon request)  so bring your gear and let's get some work done!

Happy painting,
Gaye




1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a fabulous workshop, and I know from direct experience that the students who sign up will come home with valuable tools that will propel their painting forward. Lucky painters!

    ReplyDelete