May 12, 2015

THANK YOU EVERYONE

Solitary Stillness, plein air study, 8X10"

Many of you know that my mother passed away April 12th.  It has taken me this long to really start "getting back in the game".  I have taught two workshops since she passed away, and many students knew that I was freshly grieving the loss of my mom.  It is with a full heart that I can tell you that she passed away in her own bed, free of pain, and surrounded by all of her family.

Thank you to all of you in my workshops and on facebook and to those that follow this blog,  that took a moment to say or write comforting words.  I have heard in the last number of weeks many stories from students and friends about the passing of their own mothers; what the process was like and how it affected them.  

It truly affected my sense of connectedness with all human beings in our common human experience of life and death; hanging on and letting go.  The more years we live, the more practice we get at letting go.  We are all alone, but we are all connected and  life is full of paradox.

I was concerned about teaching workshops so close to my mother's passing.  I was weary from the 24/7 care involved in her journey, and I was crying - a lot.  I love teaching, the sense of connection with the lovely souls that I meet in my workshops, so many of which go on to become long time friends.   And those connections, both new and old,  were a balm to my grieving heart.

I will send another blog post two days from now, with some news about a workshop coming up, but this blog is just a THANK YOU card to all of you.

God bless you on your journey.

Gaye

2 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you. Your painting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderful to meet you Gaye in one of those workshops in those very special circumstances. I am so glad you came out to Vancouver Island, I learnt a lot. Art is very healing, I hope you are able to loose yourself in it. :)

    ReplyDelete