October 12, 2011

Practice, practice....the yoga of daily painting























I've done quite a few small studies this week, and get the sense my painting chops are sharpening greatly from just a week ago.  I practice yoga daily, and it has been said that if you do yoga every day for a month, you  will become a yogini for life.  I have found this to be true - a day without yoga always feels a little "off" so I always come back to the mat.  I have become aware of how much better I feel and function when doing yoga regularly.  I gotta say, this practice of regular painting from life is much the same way.  It does for my eye what yoga does for my body.

I leave tomorrow to teach a daily painting workshop in Calgary - perhaps I shall see you there!

Paint on brothers and sisters, paint on.

1 comment: