November 1, 2010

Kootenays Teaching Gig - I loved it!

Critique time - how nice they are all smiling - I'm in the black painting apron.  As you can see, we're having no fun at all. ;)

Demo painting what's below.  A very patient and kind audience makes the process easier!
Demo painting from workshop at Inspiring Minds
This last week, I had the pleasure of working with a keen bunch of painters in the Castlegar area; two workshops back to back, the first hosted by the local FCA chapter and second by Mirja Vahala at Inspiring Minds Art Studio.  The students were awesome, and the hospitality second to none.  The studio occupies the lower level of Windborne B&B.  The photos above are courtesy of Mirja Vahala.

I LOVE TEACHING DAILY PAINTING!  I was amazed at how effective this approach is in helping students to develop their ability to paint what they see.  It's my favorite workshop to teach ever.  I know how the practice has helped me, and it's awesome to see others benefit as well.

PS;  3 SPACES STILL LEFT FOR NEXT WEEKEND'S DAILY PAINTING WORKSHOP!!! 
- held in my studio, November 5,6, and 7.  For details go to the workshop link off my blog or website.

5 comments:

  1. I love how warm this painting feels! Sounds like a great venue and a good time -

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful venue in both places, but most importantly, the students were wonderfully willing.
    The good energy in the room makes all the difference when instructing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...I love the composition and tonal colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Carol, thanks Frazer. One of the things that I really love about these little still life set ups is it is causing me to experiment with color - not in the sense of making it up, but in the sense with setting it up. Such fun. Somebody pinch me.

    ReplyDelete