August 31, 2014

Paintings 16 & 17 - Adventures in the Great Bear Rainforest

Clouds and Islets, 9X12" oil on canvas
In the Shadow on the Mountain - Kynoch Inlet


I had the BEST adventure in June.  I was invited by my dear friend,  artist Mark Hobson, and the crew of the Columbia III to travel aboard their vessel up into the Great Bear Rainforest.  This of Northern BC's coastline is breathtaking and absolutely pristine.   Who knew such places existed?

My number one, absolute favorite thing about plein air painting is definitely the thrill of going to so many  amazing places!  And to spend an entire day immersed in these incredible natural settings is such a singular experience for body and soul.  I highly recommend it.  

For both of these paintings we left the Columbia III via zodiac, painting gear on our backs, and spent entire days painting, our guide keeping a weather eye out for Grizzlies.  Such a great adventure - every moment of it!

This week I am "tweaking" quite a number of my plein air paintings, and getting ready to two shows here in the lower mainland.  If you are in the area, please drop in and say hi!  Show info is below:

West Fine Art Show, Sept.5,6, and 7

Place: Thunderbird Equestrian Center 232 st., Langley
Hours:  Opening Fri, Sept 5 at 7 pm, daily 10-4
This show will be a fundraiser for the Langley Hospice Society


Trev Deeley Show Sept. 13 & 14

Place:  Trev Deeley Motors, 1875 Boundary Road, Burnaby BC
Hours: Saturday 9 - 4:30, Sunday 10:00 -3:30

This show is a fundraiser for the C.H.I.L.D. Foundation


1 comment: