December 12, 2010

Santa Barbara Workshop



















"Wave Study, Hendry's Beach" 6X8" oil on canvas

While painting on the beach in Santa Barbara, I had a number of people hail me  and ask if I instructed.  The result was an impromptu one day workshop with a great group of painters.  Above are Kathy, Eleanor and Bill just getting started on their first painting of the day.

Santa Barbara has an incredible climate - it's just about always hovering between 65-75 degrees Fahrenheit.   Gulls hovered, surfers congregated for the great waves and sunny skies.  This  was a "work" day for me.  Can't remember who said it, but I remember the quote, "Do what you love and you will never work a day in your life".

The painting above was a demo done during the afternoon for the class,  another attempt at painting the moving surf.  It seems to be getting a little easier...maybe.   Ah, the thrill of the chase!

No comments:

Post a Comment